Heyzap Mediation Sdk 10 Android/eclipse [tutorial]

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by Christoph, Jan 9, 2017.

1. minibraun

minibraun Boxer

Since Heyzap has now settled on SDK 9.10, there are a few problems since Buildbox 2.2.8 and 2.2.9 BETA2 still use SDK10 that's connected with fyber.

I was using heyzap just for reward videos with unity ads, if you're in the same boat as me, you must use the old SDK 10 integration instructions that are no longer present on the HeyZap page, so I will paste them here.

Paste between </activity> and </application> in AndroidManifest.xml
    Code:
    <!-- Google Play Services -->
            <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version"/>

<!-- AdMob -->
            <activity android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity" android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize" />

<!-- UnityAds -->
            <activity android:name="com.unity3d.ads.adunit.AdUnitActivity"  android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen" android:hardwareAccelerated="true" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" />
            <activity android:name="com.unity3d.ads.adunit.AdUnitSoftwareActivity"  android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen" android:hardwareAccelerated="false" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" />

<!-- Fyber Marketplace -->
            <activity android:name="com.heyzap.sdk.ads.HeyzapIncentivizedActivity" android:configChanges="screenSize|orientation" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent" android:hardwareAccelerated="true" />
            <activity android:name="com.heyzap.sdk.ads.HeyzapInterstitialActivity" android:configChanges="screenSize|orientation" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent" />
            <activity android:name="com.heyzap.sdk.ads.MediationTestActivity" />
            <activity android:name="com.fyber.ads.ofw.OfferWallUnityActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|screenSize" />
            <service android:name="com.fyber.cache.CacheVideoDownloadService" android:exported="false" />
            <meta-data android:name="FYBVideoPlayerOptionCloseButtonDelay" android:value="-1" />
    Here is the old Fyber-Unity-Ads-Sdk
    Fyber-UnityAds-2.0.7-r1.zip

Tested and working on Buildbox 2.2.8 and 2.2.9. Beta2.

Also make sure, that on Hayzap's dashboard / mediation settings /unity ads - reward videos is turned on, and the video interstitials is off.

For everything else, I suggest you use pure admob.

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Good catch... I haven't seen that myself either. Thanks Andy.

Also, if you want to use SDK 9 for a BB2.2.8 or BB2.2.9beta export. Use the PTAdHeyzap Folder from an export you did with BB2.2.7. You can replace it completely and then do the setup like explained in the tutorial.

4. happydays

happydays Boxer

Does HeyZap integration take care of the chartboost sdk? I put all my info for ChartBoost and implemented it into my project but it doesn't say sdk is active on the chartboost site. On HeyZap it says all the networks are connected.

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

3rd party SDKs have always to be added manually (and downloaded from the Heyzap doc site). Exactly as explained in the tutorial.

6. happydays

happydays Boxer

I followed the tutorial step by step and double checked everything, still no green sdk in chartboost. Does the app have to be live?

Another question is regarding a live app that is only earning from Admob. I have Applovin, Unityads, Heyzap, and Admob implemented but only Admob is registering impressions. On the network chart it shows everything is green and all of the ads show properly in the game, Please help!

Last question, is the HeyZap test suite working again?

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Have you created a campaign in the Chartboost dashboard? Each 3rd party network has its own requirements in order to fully deliver ads. Make sure you have set everything up.

Do you have only banners? If yes, No other than Admob is able to deliver banner ads (facebook could too). If you have as well interstitials or video rewards then something is definitely wrong. Try to use the test suite and debug. The test suite never stopped working by the way.

8. happydays

happydays Boxer

I have set up everything in chartboost, it shows the campaign active and still no sdk green. The game isnt live yet so maybe thats the problem.

I offer rewarded videos, inter, and banners. They show correctly but they arn't registering. The number of impression is low on Admob but I should be getting some data from the other networks.

The test suite has never worked for me, when I run it a error occurs "
    Can't show the test suite, because the class cannot be found. Did you include the test suite .embeddedframework in your build?" but the sdk never came with a test suite framework or file. I've downloaded it multiple times to see if there was a error but no.

9. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

hy, i want to add heyzap, but are all off , BB 2.2.9
    [​IMG]
    I set up Admob, Chartboost and Vungle.
    All are Active, are with green in Heyzap Dashboard.
    I have no errors in eclipse.
    When i open to test i've got all red, Sdk load succesfull , but no configuration...

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Not sure what is happening with Heyzap. I have the exact same problem @blad300. But using Buildbox 2.2.7 and Heyzap SDK 9. No SDK Detected and Manifest Missing Activities as well as Network Enabled is off. Very weird, the only ones active is Heyzap itself. Does Heyzap itself work on your side?

11. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

I think is work, once i see test activity...
    I spend 1 day with it without succes, i will use Admob .
    The think is, if you create a game and send to a publiser, they want heyzap, what you give them ? :rolleyes:

12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I finally got it working with SDK10. Using the exact steps of the tut. Sdk9 was the one not working. But yeah, I must admit, if you can go with only Admob then anyway do that. No need to setup mediation. If you have video rewards then there's no away around it though.

blad300 likes this.
  13. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

I have now 2 stable version of The Opposite launched for iOS and Android,and for Android with 2.2.9 it's killing me, i have some DX error when i try to build, in some devices i've got error 11 when i try to install it, i don't want to go in another adventure with Android and Heyzap, i send some emails to publishers, if we agree and they want, i will try then too, but i'm ok with Admob, they pay well .

PS - I want to add Heyzap and Reward Video, to impress because i see most of them use it, but for me to collect money from 3-4 places...

Christoph likes this.
  14. gashigashi

gashigashi Avid Boxer

15. superlopez

superlopez Boxer

Give me this error:

"Unable to execute dex: Multiple dex files define Lcom/heyzap/common/concurrency/AbstractFuture$Sync;"

how do I solve it?

16. luiscgforte

luiscgforte Boxer

Fix BuildDex in your IDE, are you using Eclipse or Android Studio to Build APK ?

17. superlopez

superlopez Boxer

Eclipse

18. luiscgforte

luiscgforte Boxer

Sorry, iam i dont know Eclipse, i work only with Android Studio...........

19. DevPiyush

DevPiyush Boxer

I did the same as in the tutorial but facing a problem when exporting apk from eclipse i had used heyzap and vungle i had made that game only for learning please hep as fast as possible here's the screenshot of it please help me guys

Screenshot (1).png

20. Eageron

Eageron Avid Boxer

Hey guys,

I don't know how you guys are doing with Buildbox 2.2.8 with Third Party SDKS (Unified Platform (Heyzap 10)). After a lot of trouble we finally got it working without our Apps to breakdown after certain Video Interstitials (Probably delivered by Heyzap themselves). After certain Video Interstitials (Legacy of Discord and Star Trek) our Apps keep working as they should, but the Admob Banner disappears, Leaderboards aren't accessible anymore and Interstitials do not appear anymore.

We used Buildbox 2.2.8 and we did exactly like amazing @Christoph explained in the tutorial. To sum it up everything works like a charm until these annoying video interstitials appear. And since we have fine tuned all Third Party Advertisers and these video interstitials do not belong to neither Admob, Vungle, UnityAds nor Applovin we think they are being delivered by Heyzap themselves.

Does anyone of you guys had similar problems?

Thanks for any response in advance!

Best