Accidentally Clicks On Facebook Audience Network - Now What?

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by Christoph, May 3, 2017.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

We just got this message today from Facebook:

During a routine review of your Application, we observed that your Audience Network implementation is one that encourages users to accidentally click on the ad. We want to give you a chance to make improvements to how you use Audience Network, so we'll give you 72 hours to fix this issue.

It is a no reply mail. So there is no way to communicate with Facebook. We are using Facebook with Heyzap mediation for interstitial ads. Nothing else. The game does not have any banners. The interstitials appear in two game over menus at a frequency of 3. This makes it a little randomized since you could die and the ads do not appear until you die 6 times but then it appears immediately again after you die again. There is nothing else I can think about. Probably the usual memory issue of lag and the player already pushed the retry button before the ad could get loaded. That's it.

Anyone has experienced this with Facebook or any other ad provider before? Any tips? @Andy do you have an idea how to handle this?

We are talking about a big amount of money that this game has generated through facebook and thought it might be best to turn facebook ads completely off to not lose it. We don't want the account banned for instances. Since all ad networks have a net 30-60 payout this pretty much sucks. It seems that facebook does not want to pay the money at all...

Any help is appreciated.

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Most likely I think this is the likely issue. We had an issue with Admob one time a few years ago... so we set a .5 second delay before showing an ad before the UI will appear (when an ad is about to show). We use (or have used) FAN and never had an issue with them to my knowledge.

We can increase the delay and maybe that will help, also can look at building some other intelligence in there, but nothing is going to prevent this 100%, assuming that this is really the issue.

For now, you might want to turn off Facebook, just in case. It's tough when these guys won't tell you what the problem really is. "But you must fix it, immediately!"

Christoph likes this.
  3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

And you can't even tell them that you did some adjustments and ask them to take a look again. So it is really annoying situation. Thanks Andy for the tip and feedback.

4. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hey @Christoph, I heard sometime back, about a dev who experienced loads of poor feedback on his app due to ads appearing late on the game over screen, right across the restart button and his tip was to increase some "score adding up animations", or something similar, to give the networks a fighting chance to deliver an ad to those with poor internet connectivity.

He makes a good point and in BB, we could even delay when the restart button appears on our game over screens, using the open, idle and close feature of the game over menu.

Christoph and playsgames6666 like this.
  5. harislatif

harislatif Avid Boxer

You just reply this email by emailing Facebook advertising support email and just quote the same message and ask them for your error and fill that time switch off Facebook ads and also mention that in email and than ask them what should I do and they will sure reply to you within 3or4 days!I think so...

6. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

I was blocked by ad Mob for 30 days and all I can say now is to fix it asap. They wouldn't care is it by mistake or loading time. They just don't want it to happen anymore and you have to provide working solution, not the explanation. If no idea then turn it off so you will still have some time to fix it.

Christoph likes this.
  7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

This could work well.