Heyzap Mediation Sdk 9 - Android/eclipse [tutorial]

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by Christoph, Jun 2, 2016.

1. BeeDhan

BeeDhan Avid Boxer

Can i use only 1 network (admob)

2. mikafabz

mikafabz Avid Boxer

hey guys ameliajane_gordon
    aayushxn

I just managed to make Ads work with BB 2.2.8.

First I had to replace all ads SDKS with the new ones (from heyzap website):
    I saved them all in this folder:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/290ugkmubi9bfts/AAC9VxGqbJ76oI3o8IJS0uKla?dl=0

1. Just dragged all the files to the libs folder, copy the files and replace them.
    2. Removed old version of dagger: dagger-2.1.jar
    3. Applied these activities to AndroidManifest.xml :
    Code:
    <!-- Google Play Services -->
    <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version"/>
    <!-- AdMob -->
    <activity android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity" android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize" />
    <!-- AppLovin -->
    <activity android:name="com.applovin.adview.AppLovinInterstitialActivity" />
    <activity android:name="com.applovin.adview.AppLovinConfirmationActivity" />
    <meta-data android:name="applovin.sdk.key" android:value="** YOUR SDK KEY **"  />
    <!-- Facebook Audience Network -->
    <activity android:name="com.facebook.ads.InterstitialAdActivity" android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize" />
    <!-- InMobi -->
    <activity android:name="com.inmobi.rendering.InMobiAdActivity" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|keyboard|smallestScreenSize|screenSize" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent.NoTitleBar" android:hardwareAccelerated="true" />
    <receiver android:name="com.inmobi.commons.core.utilities.uid.ImIdShareBroadCastReceiver" android:enabled="true" android:exported="true" >
      <intent-filter>
        <action android:name="com.inmobi.share.id" />
      </intent-filter>
    </receiver>
    <service android:name="com.inmobi.signals.activityrecognition.ActivityRecognitionManager" android:enabled="true" />
    <!-- Vungle -->
    <activity android:name="com.vungle.publisher.FullScreenAdActivity" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" />
    <activity android:name="com.vungle.publisher.VideoFullScreenAdActivity" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" />
    <activity android:name="com.vungle.publisher.MraidFullScreenAdActivity" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" />
    <!-- Fyber Marketplace -->
    <activity android:name="com.heyzap.sdk.ads.HeyzapIncentivizedActivity" android:configChanges="screenSize|orientation" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent" android:hardwareAccelerated="true" />
    <activity android:name="com.heyzap.sdk.ads.HeyzapInterstitialActivity" android:configChanges="screenSize|orientation" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent" />
    <activity android:name="com.heyzap.sdk.ads.MediationTestActivity" />
    <activity android:name="com.fyber.ads.ofw.OfferWallUnityActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|screenSize" />
    <service android:name="com.fyber.cache.CacheVideoDownloadService" android:exported="false" />
    <meta-data android:name="FYBVideoPlayerOptionCloseButtonDelay" android:value="-1" />
    4. Add this code to the permission section:
    Code:
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
        <uses-permission android:name="com.android.vending.BILLING" />
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
        <!-- Required by AppLovin --><uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
        <!-- Required by AdMob, AppLovin, Facebook Audience Network, Fyber Marketplace, InMobi, and Vungle -->
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />
    <!-- Required by InMobi -->
    <uses-permission android:name="com.google.android.gms.permission.ACTIVITY_RECOGNITION" />
    5. Save AndroidManifest.xml

- DONE
    Works for me.

Christoph likes this.
  3. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi,

Do you have any black screen delay after video ends playing? For SDK 10 on android? ios seems to have no delay.

Thanks,
    C

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  4. aayushxn

aayushxn Boxer

@mikafabz

Can You Please Say Me How To Replace The Sdks? *I'm New In This Industries*

5. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi @Christoph,

Could you please tell me if you experience the 5 to 10 sometimes 13 seconds delay on android after closing the ads on SDK 10? I tried with the heyzapp export only fro BB and does the same, so is not related to other networks I think. Internet connection is good, processing power not an issue as well.

Many thanks as usually,
    C

6. Eageron

Eageron Avid Boxer

Hello everybody,

I did it like the tutorial told me. In the Meditation Testsuite it says that the AdMob SDK is missing. Considering that it should be integrated already in buildbox seems a bit strange to me. I tried to add the admob sdk seperately into eclipse which makes banners appear but only in small size and it makes the game lag.

PS: When Admob as the only source for Banners in Buildbox it works perfectly. But when I choose Heyzap it does not work. Banners do not appear.

Anyone else has this problem?

Best

Dr. Jekyll likes this.
  7. DannySae

DannySae Boxer

Hi, I think I may have found the problem. In the AndroidManifest.xml make sure this line is at the end of the HeyZap section:
    <meta-data android:name="FYBVideoPlayerOptionCloseButtonDelay" android:value="-1" />

I found that Buildbox was missing this line for some reason.

8. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi, is this working on your side?

9. Fer Zheng

Fer Zheng Boxer

Hey @Christoph

I´ve been trying for the last hours, same procedures, different combinations... no luck
    First I tried with Android Studio, i used the .jar files instead of the .aar files as recommended since the project is not migrated into Gradle. The APK could be generated with no issues, but no ads displayed on the phone. Ran the heyzap ad test and ALL networks were off.

Then I installed Eclipse and tried from there, but when i tried to generate the signed file, it said:

Failed
    java.lang.NullPointerException

As well as all the errors that appear in the image i attached.

I really don't know what is wrong with my procedures, it seems that with heyzap updating its SDKs, as well as all the other networks, a lot of things have changed compared to before.

Do you know if in Android Studio the procedures would be the same? And why the error shows up in Eclipse?

Would really appreciate your help!

Attached Files:

10. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

@Andy: the JDK 7 link on the official guide is not working anymore. I use JDK 8, is there any problem with it?

12. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@Christoph I don't think there is an issue. I'm currently testing Java 8 with API 23. Will update the guide for the next release if everything checks out.

13. Fer Zheng

Fer Zheng Boxer

Andy, so would it be the same by using Android Studio or Eclipse to work with .jar files?
    Ive always used Android Studio and everything went smooth, ads appeared, until now that the new .aar files were launched and everything goes wrong.
    Also, when i use Android Studio now every time i import my project it recommends me to migrate to the Gradle system, which is also what Heyzap requires us to do. Is it because it is so new and that´s why BB doesn´t export with the Gradle system?

One last thing is google play services, every time my game opens in any android device it prompts "Google Play Services: Sign in error". Is it because something has to be done in Android Studio or did I miss adding something? Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 15.12.04.png

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  14. Fer Zheng

Fer Zheng Boxer

@Christoph
    Does this still work with the updated Heyzap SDK and all the other networks´ updated SDKs? Because since Fyber acquired Heyzap they've modified everything and i think that's the reason why i cannot get my SDKs integrated... i don't know what else to do already
    Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 15.11.57.png

15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

nah, there are some changes, I'm working on it. But it resulted more complicated than I thought and I haven't found a Mac Android simulator yet that works on my new system. Droid4X seems to be dead and the one I could install from my old hard-drive doesn't work well... Haven't found an Android device either so I'm pretty much stuck. Sorry.

Update: Got it working now with Bluestack emulator. Hope to have time soon to do an updated Android tutorial.

16. Fer Zheng

Fer Zheng Boxer

lol this new SDKs are driving me crazy xD
    Try the Nexus simulator in Android Studio, i also tried installing the Droid4X but the website was down
    Now im trying with the old SDKs to see if the problems are with them instead of Android Studio or Eclipse

Update: alright still no luck with the old SDKs... idk what the heck is wrong with both Android Studio (which can generate APK but show that SDKs were not integrated) and Eclipse (which cannot even generate the APK...)

17. gheorghe9512

gheorghe9512 Boxer

hello I tried to put ads from heyzap but it this error occurs export can you please help me ?
    [​IMG]

18. Fer Zheng

Fer Zheng Boxer

Sorry bro... it seems nobody had any luck in integrating the new SDKs with Android.
    Could you say what procedures you did?
    Did you copy all the .jar files into the libs folder?

19. gheorghe9512

gheorghe9512 Boxer

yes

20. gheorghe9512

gheorghe9512 Boxer

http://joxi.ru/V2VppvpHPnVDrv