Waiit - Prototyped In Buildbox

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by hegedusv, Sep 27, 2016.

1. hegedusv

hegedusv Boxer

Hey BuildBoxers!

I joined a game dev team and our game called "Waiit" is coming out next week on the App Store.
    The game was not build in BuildBox due to a few limitations, but the whole gameplay mechanic was prototyped in BuildBox in just a day! I could create the basic swipe movement with two characters in BuildBox in just a few clicks. Which is crazy fast! It took days to make it with scripts. BuildBox is amazing for not only creating whole games, but to make fast prototypes of ideas.

Thank you BuildBox team for creating such a great product!

Here is the trailer for the game! :

Description:

Waiit is a swiping puzzle game about connection.

Ever wondered where the world is rushing? That everyone and everything is going too fast and yet there you are trying to keep up? It is your chance to take the lead! In the world of Waiit you can be the fastest without feeling guilty for leaving the lets just say "less eager" behind.

But be careful which way you take, 'cause you dont want to be the one left behind.
    The time has come for you to step up your game. The Waiiting is over.

The player has to control two characters at the same time to move on, solving several puzzles, while running away from the collision.

It is a laid-back but challenging game!

2. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

@hegedusv thats cool! :) Was it hard to create these levels?

3. Massi

Massi Boxer

Amazing! I like this game! Good luck.

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Looks very cool. You have very nice game ideas. I also like your style very much. Very subtle.

Regarding the gameplay: wouldn't it be possible in Buildbox with a joystick control? Or what was the problem with the game mechanic?

5. hegedusv

hegedusv Boxer

Thank you! : ) It was kinda hard and time consuming, we had to test each segment a lot to work with each other!

Thank you!!
    Thanks! : ) I wanted to make it with swipe controls, and suddenly it started to not work in Buildbox, i dont know the reason why. :/

6. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

very cool

7. hegedusv

hegedusv Boxer

Thank you! : )