Math Frenzy - My First Buildbox Game

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by tappygame, Aug 30, 2016.

1. tappygame

tappygame Boxer

Hello Everyone!
    This is my BuildBox game, it's called "Math Frenzy - Brain It On". Here is the link on apple store:
    View it on Apple Store

I record a short game play on youtube:

This game is result of my thinking how to make a "true false" game with limited of timer.
    Imagination what can do with BuildBox always make me hard to sleep at night :D
    Let download and tell me what you think guys :D

Member_Game likes this.
  2. jignesh11192

jignesh11192 Boxer

Uni gameplay

3. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

Great imagination - may you share the secret ???

4. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Awesome work.

5. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@tappygame Really owful. Good imagination and creativity. Too simple but too creative with Buildbox

6. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi @tappygame

Nice game play. How did you do it? Curious. If you can share?

1. Do you have an invisible object that moves towards character based on progress bar so if no action is taken it dies?
    2. Correct answer is a next button or some sort linked to next scene?
    3. incorrect button is a character action, move for example that kills character if moving? Assuming is near enemies that are invisible?

Am I close?

Cheers,
    C

7. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

That's hardcore @tappygame :) Well done!

My guess is that it is simple UI stuff with the buttons Yes/No wired to Next/GameOver UI screens in mind map... I may be wrong but that is how I would try to do this.

8. tappygame

tappygame Boxer

Thank so much everyone! I feel very happy right now :D
    Yes, with BuildBox we can try to implement a lot of different way! Thank BuildBox Team so much for such Awesome Tool!
    In this case, here is how:
    For timer bar, I use basic object with Linear Velocity params. This timeline will link using connection mode with a enemy to kill the player. (inspired by get the key and open the door tip by @mikafabz, author of "Slip Away" share in this thread https://www.buildbox.com/forum/inde...ay-new-game-coming-june-16th-2016.4207/page-3)
    For true false effect, this is the most interesting part, i use next checkpoint action for true answer, and a enemy for false answer.
    And as you guest, true and false button just simple 2 button on GUI with trigger component action of player to move toward to next checkpoint action or the enemy.
    I left how to position player, next checkpoint and set checkpoint action, enemy as your homework :p

Thank so much!

9. tappygame

tappygame Boxer

10. Shabir27

Shabir27 Boxer

downloaded your android version, the first question seems to have a bug. i let the timer run down but still its ain't game over. its happens all the time on the first question 1+1=2. u might wanna fix it. other than that no issues so far.

11. tappygame

tappygame Boxer

Hi @Shabir27,
    Thank so much for playing and test the game.
    I want use start screen (First question) to show user how to play, so i define it is not game over when time is over here. Maybe i will add some text to show where is time bar, where to answer true or false here, so user will more clearly how to play the game.
    But still thank for your comment!

12. Shabir27

Shabir27 Boxer

@tappygame >> oops. sorry. i was thinking its an error. in that case u better put some texts for the users, but again its very straight forward might not be required after all. all the best with ur game.