[workaround][solved]no Music On Start Ui!!

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by nayamamarshe, Jul 19, 2016.

1. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

I am having this problem. I've added a music mp3 File on Start UI, In Build box the sound is working fine. But when I export to Android.
    The sound can't be heard in Android. Other SFX like jump and death music are working fine.

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello, you can use Audacity or other music editing software and REconvert it to MP3

3. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

Hello Jcalle. Thanks for the reply.

I don't think that the problem is with the mp3 file. It is the problem with BuildBox.
    MP3 file is playing good on any other UI but not on Start UI. Any guesses, what might be the problem?

4. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

I can confirm it's the same on iOS export too.

5. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Yes... It's the start UI... Put it on your main menu

Christoph likes this.
  6. heathclose

To be more specific whatever sound engine buildbox is going to load to run the sound in your games it hasn't been loaded yet that's happening on the start ui , that is why it won't play anything , in fact if it plays something , it might be the sign of the end times

7. heathclose

Or maybe the aliens from Galawars

8. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

haha - yeah I understand what you're saying, but was hoping this may be the way for the menu music to not restart once returned to the main UI - wishful thinking as always :p

9. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

@Kevin W, there is a solution for your wishful thinking:

1. Add a Main Menu as always, drag the music you want to loop
    2. Clone the main menu and delete the music
    3. Now connect the UIs in that way that the first Main menu with the music only gets loaded at the beginning and all other connections lead to the cloned one. For example: the game over menu back button needs to point to the clone menu, the store as well, etc. The main menu with the music is only a temporary bridge so to say that loads the music. And because the original and the clone looks the same the user never will know.

(Idea courtesy of Andy)

nayamamarshe and Kevin W like this.
  10. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Nice! thanks for the share :) - I have about 200 links so far so that's a far bit of changing, but I guess it may be worth doing, starting to get on my nerves! - thanks again, something else to add to the list of "to-do's"

Christoph likes this.
  11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Not really a big thing. Outgoing connections get copied too. So you don't have to reconnect at all. Use the copy as the bridge and you only will have to connect the Start UI to it. :D

12. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Yes, that should be the case, but I always find that once links are connected, if you alter anything in the linking, changes are not updated until relinked - I've just tested this and, for me at least, this is the case.

13. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

This is what putting music on the "Start" UI is meant to do. Obviously we missed the fact that at least some devices don't support playing music at that time. Will fix this for sure. Until then the workaround still stands. :)

Kevin W likes this.
  14. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Awesome! thanks @Andy :)

I can confirm that I'm mostly using back jump and the linking doesn't change. The workaround does work, but it has to be disconnected by changing back to default to break the link, then reconnected manually by default. Once that new link is made, then I can use back jump and change the link accordingly. IE both the main menu's are available in the drop down as it can see the additional UI.

I hope that makes some kind of sense, it's not very logical I know.

15. Zoom123

Zoom123 Boxer

Hi peeps :) I am using buildbox v2.2.2 and my gameplay music plays along with the character defeated sound... I was wondering if anyone had similar problems and discovered a work around.

16. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

I have this problem, music wont play on the Start scene. I can't get this to work. How do I load a scene and never go back to it? I have two main menu's, only 1 can be loaded, therefore I can't choose which Main Menu I'd like to jump back to. I spend more time trying to solve things that aren't my fault than actually developing things. Its a joke.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  17. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Don't get angry at yourself. Take a moment and breathe. You will see the solution gets to you without any efforts.

Here a screenshot of how to do it:
    sound.png

The first menu is a "bridge" even though it looks exactly like the other main menu. The only difference is, it has the music which will loop constantly through your game if you don't set up music in any other UI. As you can see, all connections only are outputs. There are no inputs at all which makes it impossible to get back to it once you leave it.

Brocky120 and heathclose like this.
  18. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

What if I have a Menu World attached with Menu UI. The Game World becomes the background for the WORKAROUND Menu UI.

19. heathclose

copy the world

20. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

Thank you @heathclose It's Working! :D

Christoph likes this.