...make a level dark so that a light on your character lights the level?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by heathclose, May 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

Note...if you make 2 or three of these...with the circle that is transparent slightly larger and smaller...make it an animation...makes a good flicker...then add a noise image layered on top...and you have a very nice and eerie look and feel.

heathclose likes this.
  2. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

Sounds great but can it be done in a specific level ? when putting it in the character animation it makes it appear through out the game. I would like the user to get random levels where they are in a black tunnel like that. possible ?

3. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

What about making it the animation of an action picked up when the character spawns in the start screen that lasts until death

4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Brilliant, thank you for that idea

5. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

interesting idea - so basically this whole thing that was described here - all this can get into an action ?

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Why not? It would be with the option "overlay". Even though I think there is a bug that makes this option right now not working as it should. You can make with action a lot of things. For example put a 80% opaque dark 4x4 pixel image, make it huge in Buildbox and use it as overlay action so your character can literally turn off the light when touching it. Baaaaaam. It's dark now around the character. :D

I'm surprised you are the same eyal who made the game Kika. After I saw the trailer of your game I thought you were the action king in our community. lol Didn't you make the stick-thing with an action?

eyal likes this.
  7. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

Thank you for the compliment but no, it's not with an action at all. Once the game will be out I will be able to tell how we made it - sorry for not sharing at the moment

8. BeeDhan

BeeDhan Avid Boxer

While defeat pic fall with character

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  9. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Its a bullet then? when you tap it shoots out the stick, which is a fixed object? maybe?

10. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

This is great info guys. I have this on my list of "to try" and ta da... here it is.

11. jaswant0605

jaswant0605 Boxer

Hey Friends ! After banging my head for a while , i've finally made it and it works like a charm, and you can edit it the way you want.
    The Way which I used is kinda simple, you dont need to add a large jpeg, instead you can allign your layers like I did in this vid. Hope it helped :) youtube link :-

12. jaswant0605

jaswant0605 Boxer

Sorry for the weird noises in my vid, I forgot to turn off the mic :p . The game was running slow as i was also recording.