[SOLVED]BB2.1.1 Freezes on selecting character. GAME RUINED!!

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by nayamamarshe, Jun 17, 2016.

1. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

I've got a real big problem! I've to send my game to publishers and I get this freaking bug! I added only jumping and defeated sound to my characters(Total 5) and when I click on my character now, BB freezes. I can do nothing but just close it! Also, I added on touch sound on buttons in menu and whenever I open Menu UI, it again freezes. @Andy I really need some quick help and solution to my problem:(

EDIT
    I reinstalled BB and everything is working fine now.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Have you sent the details to support@buildbox.com? If so please let me know you ticket number so I can lookup the details and history.

3. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

They haven't replied yet...:(

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

That ticket is about not seeing a screenshot when sharing. I would send a separate mail with details on this freezing issue, include a sample BBDOC and complete instructions on how to duplicate. This will help prevent some delay when we ask for more details.

nayamamarshe likes this.
  5. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

Hi @Andy Thanks for the help! I don't know how but the issue is resolved. I re-installed BB including registry keys deletion . And its now working great. Looks like the Bug's solution has been found.

6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I have this issue too. As well as when i load in a sound or music file, delete it via the X and go to tool and remove unused sounds, then when i try to save game it says error that it cannot compile the save. EVERY time. Im going to try the uninstall and reinstall thing....

7. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Didnt work for me. Both issues still exist. Submitted to support.

8. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Thanks for sending that in. I did a quick check on Mac and could not reproduce the issue. We will dive in deeper to see what is going on. My initial thought is some strange combination of Windows, Local and/or Buildbox issue. Possibly permissions related based on the code where the error messages appears.

9. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

It started after i updated to latest. Yah its gotta be local or else im sure everyone would be reporting it. Maybe ill go through and make sure all C++ installs are done, openal etc.