Final routing for new game

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by TreySmith, Mar 24, 2016.

1. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

Anybody have an extra dead horse? This one is annihilated. ;)

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

It looks impressive!

Two questions I'm interested in:
    1. How does something like this affect the initial loading time of the game? Does it load when opening the level selector or still when opening the game?
    2. How is the score system set up for a distance based game? Do you have different leaderboards as well?

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

1) Just loads on initial boot, the loading time can be quite high depending on device at the moment. We are currently working on optimization now that all the features are fully fleshed out and the design is stable.

2) We still need to work out the leaderboard support.

Christoph likes this.
  4. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

@Andy What about the atlases? I'm creating a game with a lot of different levels and each level has new different images. What amount of atlases would be the limit in order to make it run smoothly on older apple devices like the iPhone 4 or 4S?

5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Currently the same rules as BB1 still apply, as few as possible is best... personally 3-4 is the highest I would go but 7-8 might be OK. We have a solution for BB2 to have different atlases per world, but it's not fully fleshed and implemented yet. I can say for sure it won't be in BETA5. We do understand for sure how important this is. There are a couple other tasks we have to complete before we can start it.

6. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

"It's a large game and includes:
    • 4 different game modes"
    Can someone -- from Team Buildbox or the developer community here -- say more here about what "different game modes" means, how to configure it in BB2, and what the limitations are?
    I don't yet have access BB2, but I am planning my game products out, and I would love to hear more about this topic.
    Does "different game mode" allow for, say, one "world" of levels to have a different set of gameplay settings that another world of levels, such that one world could be 2D flappy style while another could be isometric ball jump style, all in one app?

7. mshuraih

mshuraih Boxer

hey man I had that problem with apple before using different game engine and I was able to go around it by making the un-lockable character both free non-consumable IAP and same time needs to be unlocked with in game currency ( u wont have the option to trigger the non-consumable IAP till u have enough coins to unlock the character ) that was a key is to hide ur the IAP. then when u restore u can restore those purchases .. If this issues keep coming up with buildbox games I think a way to do that will solve the issue not sure how to hide the initial iAP and not trigger it till the coins count is enough and the player unlock the character ..

8. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

It's basically 4 worlds (not exact copies) with tweaked gameplay settings.

9. nyvoapps

nyvoapps Boxer

Nice game and does anybody know if BB2 has enemy A.I. so that it chases the player throughout the scene until the enemy is killed?

10. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

no AI in Buildbox.

11. runrollgames

runrollgames Boxer

Been waiting for this .. Many unique games can be possible with Enemy A.I feature.

12. nyvoapps

nyvoapps Boxer

Exactly I really need this

13. mxstudios

mxstudios Boxer

@TreySmith
    That's some map! I am doing something similar where I have 3 worlds and each one has 20 levels or so. What I can't figure out is how to unlock and still share an end of level (scene) screen. I like that we can jump right to a specific scene, but how do I unlock? Do I need an end screen for each one?
    I noticed in your map that you don't have an end screen. Where are you putting the unlock logic? And where are your lock buttons?

Also, how would you show how many points were completed in that scene only?

Thanks!

14. ZikZak

ZikZak Boxer

Has this been done yet?

15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

What? The game or throwing the computer out of the window? :p

16. ZikZak

ZikZak Boxer

Lol.. I'm intrested in the video really. I'm sure Trey Smith can afford throwing a computer or two out of the window :D

17. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

@TreySmith So how is you're game Rebound going and what about the video walkthroughs?

18. manojbagri199

manojbagri199 Avid Boxer

So @TreySmith has released his game but not as rebound he changed its name to wall switch. Its an very soft release no one is informed through the forum

19. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yeah, Wall Switch was released Thursday and I checked the mindmap again from the first post. How is it possible to route to different scenes within the same world? Are you using a beta of Buildbox 3 for this @TreySmith? I thought it was a beta for Buildbox 2 but I can't figure out how to do different levels in the same world... it seems this feature never came to be part of the final version, ... unfortunately. :(

20. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

in fact its a bb 2 game indeed thats what trey said in his fb page post however it was edited by ketchapp as i saw rate us pop up and some custom messages like when you click skip level you get a message that you dont have enough coins.
    as for having to unlock scene in the same world you can do that by having an unlock button and have to make you go to the next scene but still with you as i also think that it was exported with a different release.

Also I never thought that it's going to be just a simple game like that I though that's it's going to be something special in other hand with ketchapp it's special indeed .