cleaning up png lines...

Discussion in 'Level Design' started by l_beav, Feb 11, 2016.

1. l_beav

l_beav Boxer

my art looks super clean in photoshop and illustrator (large sizes). However, when I drop the art into Buildbox the pngs have jagged lines. I have done all sorts of tricks to smooth out the lines in photoshop and illustrator but it does no good. Circles in Color switch look smooth and clean, but I cant get circles etc to do that on my end. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

2. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

Use 24 bit png graphics

yenomeerf likes this.
  3. Daze

Daze Boxer

This helped me lots, thank you for this, graphic smoothness has been a problem of mine for awhile now until this :)

4. FerZ

FerZ Boxer

How do you save 24 bit PNG images in photoshop? It only gives the option to save as PNG, is it already 24 bit?

5. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

Yes. 24 bit is the default.

6. FranciscoBala

FranciscoBala Avid Boxer

Does anyone know how to remove the background from a font or image we have already stored on the computer?

Like for example ,I have many pic's I would like to use on my game, but most of them weren't done especificly for this therefore when added to BB it automaticly brings the full image including white background of the image..
    anyone knows a good workaround for it? I'm no art's master, but I learn by myself just guide me in the right direction ;)
    Thank you

7. Innovativeideas

Innovativeideas Boxer

Hi FranciscoBala I just read your post. to remove the white background, In adobe photoshop., use magic wand tool and select the white background then right click select inverse and then again right cllick and copy the image. Go to image in the menu bar click trim and then go to File and save for web. When you get the option check the preset to be png-24 and save it with the name . Now its ready to be used in buildbox. This method works for all kinds on images with plain background.

Christoph likes this.