Buildbox 3.4.6 Beta Is Here With Asset Store And More!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Bluemusic

Bluemusic Boxer

Hi. You added the new Assets store, but the search engine is not working, nor can you make a list with the basic assets like cube, sphere etc which makes the new assets store horrible. I get that you are trying to make more money by getting new developers buy ready made assets but you must have a slot list with the normal shapes so its quick to use. This ruins the workflow a lot!

2. Bluemusic

Bluemusic Boxer

Seems like I was a bit quick. The normal shapes are now in a different slot in the main window. Still, search engine is not working. = search cube brings up loads of stuff (ca 100 shapes), even for 2d and 3d when all I want is the normal 3d cube shape. Searching sphere brings up ton of stufff too. Why cactus, sky background etc shows up is beyond me.

Jackazoid likes this.
  3. rjp996tt

rjp996tt Boxer

I still have the old wizard...how do you get the new one?

4. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

5. Ivan Perfetti

Ivan Perfetti Avid Boxer

@Sean Buildbox @Hue Buildbox Hi guys, I've got to report some serious bugs recently introduced in Buildbox:
    - Hinge type Linkers created in code doesn't work anymore!
    I've got two prototypes I've been working on for clients that just stopped working and I've been unable to fix that so far, don't know if this is related but might have been caused by the changes you made to linkers in 3.4.5 (?).
    - Position Animation node, Rotation Animation node and Scale Animation node are broken when using with 'Is Delta' unchecked!
    By checking the code you can see that a let valsStart is declared but then valStart (missing 's' in the name) is used in the update function; it looks like somebody forgot to update this part of the functions as valStart is an array of Vec3 but is being referenced to as if it were a single Vec3; so the idea was to improve these very useful and frequently used nodes but in the end you've broken them!

This is so disappointing guys, I wonder how such mistakes could be done, it's not easy to work like that. Such issues cost time and money as well, what should I say to my clients? I'm sorry, I can't make your game work anymore because Buildbox broke it, this is so annoying...

6. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Until they will fix it please use the following links and let me know if you have any issues:
    https://vlad-ny.itch.io/position-rotation-scale-animation-fixed

Ivan Perfetti likes this.
  7. Ivan Perfetti

Ivan Perfetti Avid Boxer

Hey Vlad, thanks for your work, it's always appreciated and I'm sure it will help; I wanted to point out this problem because it's not acceptable to have to rely on solutions by developers, this is a serious issue that shouldn't be there in the first place. A few of us are able to fix that on their own but what about most of the other users who just gets error? A few will be able to fix it with your nodes, the vast majority will just be disappointed. What type of experience are they going to get? This carelessness is the real problem, it's just plainly unacceptable that somebody decided to update such nodes and broke them because they didn't test well enough...

8. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

You're right my friend, I don't think they run a Regression or Smoke tests before releasing a product and if they do they have to work more on test scenarios and node validation.

Please stop the features and focus on stability and performance :)

Jaro likes this.
  9. Sylv MEZ

Sylv MEZ Boxer

Hi @Sean Buildbox @Hue Buildbox

I have a concern about Hyperwallet's payment process.
    My question is whether an alternative solution has been found by the Buildbox team for Adbox users whose income transferred to Hyperwallet cannot be transferred to the beneficiary's country because it does not appear in the list of countries supported by the Hyperwallet service and what methods of transferring funds has been put in place for this type of case?

Thank you

10. BoxerErik

BoxerErik Administrator Staff Member

Hi there,

I sent you a message. Please get back to us at support@buildbox.com.