Jump Problem With Ui Button Release...

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Renato Jakowatz, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Renato Jakowatz

Renato Jakowatz Boxer

I'm trying to make the character jump when the UI button is Released, and block button spamming after the jump. Using jump limit, I managed to block new jumps while in the air, but the problem is:

- If the player keeps his finger pressed during the jump, and keeps pressing all the time, even after the character lands on the platform (when the jump limit is reset), after the player releases his finger, a new jump will be done automatically ... does anyone know how to avoid this?

2. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Hmm, try using a switch node to disable the jump node, then whatever allows the character to jump again, use that to trigger the switch node, which will allow another jump.
    Please let me know if this helps.

Renato Jakowatz likes this.
  3. Renato Jakowatz

Renato Jakowatz Boxer

hi Hue! I've already tried these nodes: switch , signal filter, state machine, even spawning objects to check for collisions, while character is in the air... I don't know if it's my node logic that has problems, or if it's not possible with the nodes offered in BB3. Could you send me an example in a bbdoc file?

If possible, please do not use the reset jump connector, to be able to use the same logic on other types of nodes that do not have a reset connector, such as scale animation, rotation, etc.

Thanks for your help!

4. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Try this

Attached Files: