Buildbox 3.4.3 Update Is Live: New Ui Assets, Overlay Feature, And Much More!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

[​IMG]

Our new update, Buildbox 3.4.3, is officially live!

This latest update features new UI assets and UI overlay, convenient Apple sign-in, direct access to our Product Feedback page, and much more! You’ll even notice a brand new premium template called Vegetable Knight available, as well as the ability to now export to Buildbox World on Android! We also added an enable/disable functionality to the Is Touched Node and other fixes and performance improvements.

Note: If you had the Buldbox World BETA installed you will need to uninstall it before installing the official release

DOWNLOAD NOW!

Here’s a quick rundown of What’s New in Buildbox 3.4.3!

New UI Assets And UI Overlay
    In Buildbox 3.4.3, we’ve added over a dozen new UI assets to the Asset Library. You now have various sized buttons, arrows, icons, and even a joystick control asset to help you build out stunning UI menu screens. Quickly add stars for scoring, home, back, or control buttons all within Buildbox. We added an overlay function that allows you to check the position of your UI screens via gameplay screens.

Apple Account Sign In
    There’s also a new option to sign into Buildbox via your Apple account. This makes it super convenient to log in and start creating your games without worrying about memorizing passwords.

Enable/Disable Functionality Added to Is Touched Node
    We’ve had a lot of requests for the ability to deactivate touch on items, and we’ve listened. The Is Touched Node in Buildbox now has an enable/disable functionality, so you have the option to set it on or off. It’s totally up to you!

Product Feedback Page Access
    Buildbox 3.4.3 features direct access to our new public Product Feedback page to make it easier to send us your feedback and suggestions. It’s located in the ‘Help’ tab in the dropdown menu. You can visit it anytime to find out what’s new, what we’re currently working on, and the cool features and tools in the works that are coming soon.

Vegetable Knight Premium Template
    You can also take a slice out of the competition with our latest premium template, Vegetable Knight, now available on sale in Buildbox 3.4.3! All you need to build an action-packed arcade game is in this template, which includes two unique worlds, each with its own separate art styles and game modes. You can play Vegetable Knight now in Buildbox World, so be sure to check it out!

For a detailed list of changes, you can view the full change log below:

Change Log:
    • Added: New menu/button UI Assets in the Asset Library
    • Added: UI Overlay – UI screens can now be previewed in the World Editor with the “UI” tool button
    • Added: Apple sign in
    • Added: Enable/Disable functionality to Is Touch Node
    • Added: Product Feedback page access via Help Menu
    • Added: New Announcements section on the welcome page
    • Fixed: iOS consent screen not displaying when using encryption
    • Fixed: Windows Installer does not auto-close Buildbox when upgrading in-app
    • Fixed: Nodes disappear when object is dragged between Objects and Characters
    • Fixed: Atlas: Default view is too zoomed in
    • Fixed: Atlas: Visual not updated after removal
    • Fixed: Atlas: Image hash is editable
    • Fixed: Selection box in the UI editor
    • Fixed: Collide/moving character bug
    • Fixed: Bug where image doesn’t stay in front of object
    • Fixed: Error occurs while on the My Profile page
    • Fixed: Bug causing application freeze when dropping high-resolution FBX animation file
    Thanks so much for your continued support and feedback, we appreciate it. Our team has been paying close attention to all of your input on our social and support channels. We’ll be working hard on future updates to make improvements and bring more of the features and tools that you want to see to the platform. We can’t wait to see what you create with Buildbox 3.4.3!

DOWNLOAD BUILDBOX

Sylv MEZ, LtgGames, wmfear and 2 others like this.
  2. wmfear

wmfear Avid Boxer

3. Eldars

Eldars Boxer

Good afternoon. Why is there no update in the Buildbox 3 program?

4. Sean Buildbox

We've discussed this. As @Vlad-NY says in that thread it is expected behavior currently. We have discussed some ways down the road to try and keep the shadows when their objects leave the screen/get removed but it gets very resource intensive quickly so it is a challenge

5. Sean Buildbox

Try closing and re-opening the software and it should show the update if not there already

6. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

I noticed with this update that objects with label nodes on the UI screen appear infront of other objects regardless of the ordering in the object list. Maybe Im doing something wrong but going back to 4.3.2 to confirm.

7. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Does anyone have a link to 4.3.2?...the one posted in previous threads links to the 3.4.3. I can't update any of my projects until Im back on 3.4.2 or the bug with the labels gets fixed in 3.4.3.

8. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Hi, the order of the object list doesn't change the position of objects or images. Please use the 'Outliner' to position objects or images in front or behind other objects.

Attached Files:

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  9. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi Hue. I was talking about the Outliner. Sorry, Im not very good at remembering what all the functions in the program are called. I will attach a screenshot.

Ive noticed this only happens with objects with label nodes in them. If I use a generic label straight from the UI label list then outliner functions as intended but I don't want to use generic labels because I can do more with them if I make them objects.

So in my case I have an object called "Coins" that has a label node inside it to display the number of collected coins. I also have an object called "Message Box Start" which displays a message to the user. The coins label is displaying over the message even though the message is placed above the coins object in the outliner. Ive tried changing the depth order and the z value of the label node but this does not work either.

It was working in 3.4.2 so if you can provide a link to that version then its fine while I wait for the bug to get fixed 3.4.3.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  10. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hue Buildbox likes this.
  11. Elite Games

Elite Games Avid Boxer

Hi there is issue with rewarded video ad. When we close the reward ad it switches the ui and take us either to Pause UI or Game Over ui.
    Please fix this issue so it should remain in same Place from it was called.

12. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

To fix it for now, switch that label to
    3D Mode: ON
    Buildboard Mode: None
    2 Sided: ON

Please let me know if that is what you want to see :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  13. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Thanks Vlad!

I managed to find a link to 3.4.2 on discord so im able to continue with my project now but I will check out your suggestion to see if it fixes the issue on 3.4.3.

Thanks again! You are a legend! :D

Regards
    Andy

14. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Hi @Sean Buildbox
    Does this build has fix for Android Studio ? I made a game using 3.4.3 and exported to Buildbox world. It shows 5.5 Mb there. When I generated a build using android studio its 103-108 mb . When analysed I found that lib folder is the problem maker :) both arm contributes about 95 mb of libBBworld.so file size. I need a solution ASAP as I have to launch my game for testing.

DanteSavy and Sylv MEZ like this.
  15. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Hi Pandzzz,
    Can you send the bbdoc to me? The screenshots were helpful but would like to try a few things to your bbdoc directly to see if we can resolve this for you. Thanks.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  16. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

The issue can be fixed with what I said above, at least on bbdoc file. But the bug remains in this version until hopefully the next release comes out

17. Sean Buildbox

The size issue unfortunately needed to get pushed back but it will be in Update 3.4.4 coming very soon ;)

18. batahf

batahf Boxer

Will we get BuildBox World in Buildbox Classic or is it only exclusive to BuildBox 3 ??
    @Sean Buildbox

19. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Hi, I appreciate you efforts to solve the issue. But kindly look at from the developer's perspective . It takes months to create a new game as you know, and on every new buildbox version new errors pops up. I can't get you people online if I run into trouble. And as days goes by the things are getting more serious. So I request you to appoint someone for a live chat on technical side i.e someone who really understand the problem. Also do you think a user would download 100mb game when the game looks simple in graphics and gameplay ? Won't they get some suspicion? As if developer has included some malware and aren't you concerned about credibility of the developers ? And you do know we are not paying peanuts ( I am sorry if I sound rude ) . Kindly understand and help to fix the problem ASAP. Don't wait for a stable release just launch as a patch.

20. Sean Buildbox

We're always online via support@buildbox.com, the forum, and Discord (I know you and I have had several chats in Discord). We are hoping to have 3.4.4 out ASAP with this fix for filesize on Android. The engineering team already has the fix in hand and it just needs to be implemented.