Purchase Button Issue Bb3

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Renel Demary, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

Hey guys
    I added 3 purchase buttons in my game then a remove Ad. The purchase buttons set to in app purchase then per game purchase and then the remove ad set to on time purchase. The issue here is that, every time a purchase has made, it removes the other purchase button and the remove ads button with it. I also try set them as default and it does the same thing.
    If anyone could help me fix this, that would be great.
    Thank you.

2. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

All 3 buttons are remove ads correct? This is as designed that they all would disappear.

If you're attempting to have players pay multiple times to remove ads that is not how the button is designed and also most likely bad monetization design.

3. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

Oh i see. So the purpose of the purchase button in BB3 is just to remove ads?

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  4. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Yes, correct. In BBClassic they allow for action purchasing but in BB3 it is strictly just to remove ads.

5. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

Thanks, I will have to update the game.

I have another question, I’m using the tracking node provided by Buildbox in BB3 (missiles tracking main character) the issue I’m having is that, that tracking node was made only to track the man character. I have 5 characters, so I duplicate the tracking node 5 times and modified it by adding 1,2,3,4,5
    Meaning in track node 1, I added 1 to track character 1 and in track node 2, I added 2 to track character 2 and so on. It does work but I’m getting that error (main character is undefined) just because it’s only 1 character in the scene. By having 5 characters tracking node together requires to have all the 5 characters in the scene to make it work correctly without errors (main character is undefined) I was wandering if you guys can help me out with that. I want it to send false when these 4 characters aren’t in the scene.
    If there’s a better way to do it, you’re welcome to do so.

6. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

Does anyone know how to make the missiles in interstellar strike template provided by Buildbox tracking more than 1 characters?

I contacted Buildbox support but unfortunately they suggested me to hired a JavaScript developer to write or edit the code for me.

7. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Can you please share your bbdoc here or on discord to my account?

Or a base template will do the job

8. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

I tried to send the BBDOC but unfortunately its over 1 MB, I couldn't send it. but, if you open the interstellar strike template in Buildbox 3 then duplicate the main character a couple times, if you replace the main character in the scene, the missiles will not track the other characters it'll show error.

9. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Yeah, that's because the script searches for an object called Player Ship and by duplicating it you get Player Ship Copy 1, 2,3 etc and basically the script cannot find the character entity.

10. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

True.
    I duplicated the tracking node for each character, it does work but it requires to have every single character together to make work. I want it to send a false signal when the other characters aren’t in the scene.
    Let me know if you you can help.

11. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Check the line that generated the issues and add a null check there, and if null check is triggered then send out false as you want

12. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it. It sounds really simple but unfortunately I don’t write code I wish Buildbox support would just help me just like you doing right now.

13. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

And buy the way I’m interested in you volume slider, will it work if I duplicated and use one for volume and the other one for sound effects volume?

14. Renel Demary

Renel Demary Boxer

And also I got a little job for you if interested. He’s my email prenel93@yahoo.com for more details.