Slow Down Character

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by wmfear, Dec 11, 2019.

1. wmfear

wmfear Avid Boxer

Hi guys. I have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer :)

I`m working on a little car-type game, where the car (character) is driven by the "Touch Path"-node, at a set speed of 20. When the car crosses the finish-line there is a slight delay, and the level is complete. The user can steer the car right and left, nothing else. I`m wondering if it`s possible to make the car slow gradually down after crossing the "Finish Line", and then come to a full stop at a certain point at the right side (green area)? So it would happen automatically after the car crosses the line (not controlled by the user).

Also, how would the best method be if I wanted to add a brake-function in the game? I`ve played around with adding a UI-button with the "Is touched"-node connected to the "Touch Path"-node at a lower speed, but it doesn`t work as I want, as the car seems to jump right and left in an unnatural way when using this. Is there a way to just control this by simply dragging the finger backwards? Or does there need to be a button for this?

Any help would be highly appreciated, as I`m now stuck with issues in my two ongoing projects at the same time :) 01.jpg

2. wmfear

wmfear Avid Boxer

Does anyone know if this is possible?

3. SirNel

SirNel Boxer

@wmfear Have you solved this yet?

4. wmfear

wmfear Avid Boxer

I had forgotten all about that, but I’m sure it’s possible to achieve somehow. Perhaps only by some custom code