How To Force A Consistent Movement Speed And Position?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Vyzer, May 21, 2021.

1. Vyzer

Vyzer Boxer

Hello, I was wondering how I'd be able to keep the player at 1 consistent speed despite when slowed down by running into obstacles. For example, I want my speed to be 50 no matter what, and if I run into a block that slows me down for a few seconds, I want to be able to have my player be automatically slingshot/forced to the position that I would have been at if I didn't run into the block in the first place. The type of game I'm making is a Geometry Dash/Impossible Game style movement game, so I want to be able to be at 1 specific place throughout the whole game.

I figured out how to make a block move at the same speed as the player with no collision, and I'm wondering if it would be possible to connect my player to that block and use it as a guide. I tried connecting it, but if it's set to fixed, it carries the player and I am unable to move/touch the ground, and if I set it to physics, it just holds me back and doesn't stay at that speed. So is it possible to fix my issue through connecting my player to the block while at the same time have full control of my character(be able to jump on platforms and everything)?
    And if not, what would be another way of solving my problem?

In the gif below, the ball is the character, and the movement I want to achieve is shown by the floating box above the player.

Attached Files:

2. Elite Games

Elite Games Avid Boxer

share your bbdoc

3. Vyzer

Vyzer Boxer

4. Elite Games

Elite Games Avid Boxer

5. Elite Games

Elite Games Avid Boxer

6. Vyzer

Vyzer Boxer

Hey, sorry for the late reply, I never got an email about your response even though I have that option turned on in my settings, so I was waiting all this time thinking I got no reply.

And thank you for your help, I'll try out these suggestions and get back to you!

7. Vyzer

Vyzer Boxer

So I tried messing with the Advanced Movement Component, but I'm still unable to figure it out. Were you able to get it to work within my project?