Buildbox 3.3.11 #4228 Is Officially Live

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Ivan Perfetti

Ivan Perfetti Avid Boxer

I had to use a backup or add again the FBX files; when the problem occurs FBX are retained but it looks like textures are actually not saved in the BBDOC since final file size becomes substantially smaller.

Xoctrebla likes this.
  2. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

Maybe @Sean Buildbox will fix this once and for all. (Not hopeful)

3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi,
    I have mentioned this before but need to tell it again. The animated platformer brainbox do not work properly when using keyboard controls. When there is mobile controls the characters turns and looks at the direction goes smoothly. But when keyboard controls are integrated and using keyboards the character just makes sharp turns like up, left, right wherever the direction which makes the game unplayable and doesn't make sense. This doesn't have to do with the animation transitions but the main controls. The character should smoothly rotate to the direction he/she is going to. I really would appreciate a fix on this. Thank you in advance.

Xoctrebla and batahf like this.
  4. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Will definitely investigate this and make sure the team is aware. In the meantime any other details on how to replicate it outside of a crash please do not hesitate to send them into support@buildbox.com

Will DM you for additional details

volcank likes this.
  5. mshuraih

mshuraih Boxer

did anyone notice slowing in games based on path ? for the last 3 versions it has been very slow for me using different projects

6. LtgGames

LtgGames Avid Boxer

There seems to be a huge problem with buildbox right now. I have just lost all of the 3d-assets in game, and need to open up a backup file to recover them. But when saving it, many of the assets are still one ...

7. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

Not sure how or what but grouping nodes has been the cause of an error occurring.
    Not really in the mood of recreating it right now but be warned.

LtgGames likes this.
  8. batahf

batahf Boxer

I exported a game in EXE format and when trying to run it, it does not work...Note, I am new to BuildBox, only two and three months have passed since I used it, and I encountered the problem with the first version I downloaded which was 3.3.7 and all the versions that I downloaded after it. I don’t know that there is anything to do after exporting.

9. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

IronSource SDK is also ahead of the SDK BB3 is using. Is Cocos2d and IronSource getting updated with the next release of BB3?

10. Sean Buildbox

Any additional details here would be great. If you don't mind sending in an example file to support@buildbox.com we're happy to look into this for you.

Please shoot over the file to support@buildbox,com and we're happy to check into the EXE export issue.

We'll update SDKs for each update. Cocos updates are a bit more involved, those are considered given different factors.

11. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Thanks for the quick response Sean.
    I personally think that getting Cocos2d updated at least to v3.6 could solve several underlying issues
    The dev team at Cocos2d implemented several important fixes around v3.5, fixing several audio issues. Updating to at least v3.6 might be worth the effort.
    As for the IronSource SDK, getting important now in the iOS world for sure with all the privacy changes going on.

12. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

@Sean Buildbox There is a bug in this version. Sometimes it looses textures, especially for fbx files. Its a real pain to add the textures every time I open Buildbox.

LtgGames likes this.
  13. Sean Buildbox

Any rhyme or reason you can tell for it? Any reproducible steps? How often does this occur?

14. Sean Buildbox

Yes and we are still investigating but any additional details are always welcomed to help diagnose exactly what is occurring :)