I Need Help.

Discussion in 'Gameplay' started by HG-2018, Dec 28, 2020.

1. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Can someone help me ? I would like my spaceship to fly in landscape and be able to fly forward, backward, up and down but not affect the camera. I just want the camera to scroll up and down and scroll from left to right by itself. Each move should have its own animation, like in R-Type.
    I did it with buildbox 2, but unfortunately it doesn't work with the joystick function with 4 different animations. I would like to have it with buildbox 3.

2. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Try to explore and use this game play like by starting with adventure template available in the launcher, that template has a 8 way directional joystick movement type that can be modified to achieve what you are looking for.

3. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

I know it but it does not work as described above. Otherwise I would not have asked if it was so simple. ;)

4. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Well is good as your base / ground up / staring base. You can't expect to have templates on all this type of gameplay styles. Try to play around with it and ping me if you can't figure this out until 2021 :)

Jaro likes this.
  5. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

I would not expect it but an easy handling in buildbox 3 to use not only existing templates of buildbox. ;) In buildbox 2 it was easier to make things yourself, unfortunately the simplicity is no longer in buildbox 3 and that makes some things harder.

6. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

I understand you, just have patience, I'm sure everything will come out eventually :)

7. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

If you are starting to do something in B3, it's best to completely forget about B2. These are two other fairy tales and its better to learn from scratch.

8. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Yep @Jaro is right, you have to start fresh with a clean mindset and you have to be open to challenges. Everything will pay off eventually even though it is a bumpy ride... Just trust me on this one.

9. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

I've spent the last 3 months on B3 without using B2. I watched the tutorials and followed them step by step and it worked. After this time I returned to B2 and I was missing something. Now, having a comparison, I can say that for 2D it is B2 for 3D, of course B3.

10. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

However, this does not help me with my problem. I always find it interesting how much some help. The help is limited to, read through the tutorials or you have to give Buildbox a chance. Yes I give the new version a chance, yes I try to get along with it and YES I know that they are different. It's frustrating to ask something to understand it and you always get the same answers that don't help you. How can you understand something if you can't figure out the simplest thing? It is advertised with the simplicity of buildbox 3 and you fail at the controls. Using a template and changing it often brings more to understand a program than not knowing what you are doing. Even from support you don't get help or an answer to emails anymore and that's sad because I've been using the program for a while and not the free version like some here. No matter what is asked always fails to get answers. The YouTube channel of Buildbox is not kept up to date for months and the tutorials were never adapted. It often helps a video or example more than to torture through the written, not Current tutorials.

When the second version of Buildbox came out I created tutorials myself to make it easier for people to understand the program. Unfortunately many tutorials are outdated to Buildbox 3 or many people just don't want to use Buildbox anymore and switch to Unity.

Why do all questions always end like this: Buildbox 2 is different from Buildbox 3 - Yes I know that otherwise I wouldn't ask questions. In Buildbox 2 I don't have to think about anything to make a game because I can do the program in my sleep.

Jaro likes this.
  11. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

The question is if someone can help me not what the program can do or what are the differences.

12. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Yes you will get help as soon as possible. Just give me few days to fix my laptop and I will try to come up with something for you.

13. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Oh found out that directly when you want to use a 2d world it doesn't always go to use it in a 2d world. I have rebuilt the controls from the shooter template a little bit and so far it works but some things are not taken over in the 2d world. I am always forced to make a 3d world and then click on 2d.

There are probably also different uses of how it works in a 3d world and a 2d world.

14. Chilling

Chilling Boxer

I also need help

15. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

Like this? : R-Type Longplay (C64) [50 FPS] - YouTube

Here`s a quick template I made:
    https://mega.nz/file/8bxi2QJZ#NgSNpfWD1fPkKaM1L17uB0Xn4LbRCuGkTxxQw2Dkauo

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  16. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

Hello, what can we help with?

17. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

I deleted my buildbox account and currently use another engine that more than serves my purposes. I don't use buildbox anymore because I've been waiting for 5 years for a version that is finally no longer a beta version. Finally found something that doesn't crash every 10 minutes or cause so many problems.

Milania likes this.
  18. hu6ygtrfcd

hu6ygtrfcd Boxer

Yes, I think to say goodbye to buildbox For two and a half years is not enough I spent money on the box But I can no longer work with him I live out of town 35 km and the long box it always says no connection and tech support was not very I three days ago wrote in discorde in private SMS NICK V HUE CURTIS WILSON and no one did not answer me wrote to support too silent So he would go to unity even without the Internet, he

19. Milania

Milania Boxer

I agree with you we will all leave soon))))

20. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Hi, so sorry for missing your message. How can I help?
    I'll send you a direct message as well.