New Buildbox 2.3.11 Update!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hey Boxers!

We've just released the Buildbox 2.3.11 for current BB2 users with more updates to come. In this latest version, we added Google API 29 support for Android developers and improved Ad network validation.

We appreciate your patience and all the suggestions we receive. We'll continue to keep you posted on our progress as we move forward, squashing bugs and adding features for the upcoming re-release of Buildbox 2.

If you find any issues, please send them in to support@buildbox.com with all pertinent details ASAP so we can get them documented and corrected.

You may update within the app or by using the direct links below:

macOS: https://download.buildbox.com/build....11-2624_4b31767297e9c73369aa1eba7f2badda.zip

Windows
    : https://download.buildbox.com/build....11-2624_f8419eca133f0ed8a5d418b1c0c576c9.exe

Changelog:

• Added: Google API 29 support
    • Fixed: BB2 crash occurs after importing transparent PNG files
    • Fixed: Ad network validation for AdMob, Facebook, InMobi, AppLovin, Chartboost, Custom

2. ahsann

ahsann Boxer

3. Marclb

Marclb Boxer

I am getting the following error when I try to build an apk with applovin ads:
    ...\android\app\src\main\java\com\secrethq\ads\PTAdAppLovinBridge.java:25: error: package com.google.android.gms.ads does not exist
    import com.google.android.gms.ads.AdView;

4. janani

janani Boxer

:mad: no no[​IMG]

5. Kevin Nguyen

Kevin Nguyen Boxer

We still have problem with the loading screen size on iPhone X and above from version .10 . Are there any est time for this issue ?

6. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

Speaking of updates, I have been looking into what will happen next year when Apple will make the IDFA almost useless. If a user has not allowed IDFA tracking, there is an SKAdNetwork solution already available. Is this the improved ad network validation talked about in this latest Buildbox 2 update?

Basically, SKAdNetwork helps ad providers measure the success of ads. It's ad attribution while maintaining user privacy. So if the user opts out of idfa the ads can still be measured. So at least before Apple almost kills the IDFA, we still have some ad revenue left. Haha!

33Shox and Jaro like this.
  7. agha

agha Boxer

Unable to download the export modules. I have tried deleting the previous ones and downloading again but nothing seems to be working. Can someone please guide me. BTW I am using a mac machine.
    Thanks in advance.

8. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi @Sean Buildbox Just wanted to update on a situation with Buildbox 2.3.13 which I had recently updated through the software. I am trying to upload one of my game for Mac App Store. It builds fine in my Mac I can play it in my Mac but when it comes to uploading it to the itunes it gives the following errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The following issues occurred while distributing your application

App Store Connect Operation Error

ERROR ITMS-90242: "The product archive is invalid. The Info.plist must contain a LSApplicationCategoryType key, whose value is the UTI for a valid category. For more details, see "Submitting your Mac apps to the App Store"."

App Store Connect Operation Error

ERROR ITMS-90296: "App sandbox not enabled. The following executables must include the "com.apple.security.app-sandbox" entitlement with a Boolean value of true in the entitlements property list: [( "com.volkan.8bitkidpremium.pkg/Payload/PTPlayer.app/Contents/MacOS/PTPlayer" )] Refer to App Sandbox page at https://developer.apple.com/documentation/security/app_sandbox for more information on sandboxing your app."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had created an app for Macos and also the provisioning files they are all set but it gives the errors above.

I use Buildbox 2.3.13 but I had tried before in earlier versions of BB and had the same problem.

I use Xcode 12.1 version.

Best

9. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

One more thing! When we export our game to play on our MAC or PC the URL link doesn't work. If I would like add a URL link and clicked on it during gameplay for e.g. nothing happens.

Thanks

10. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@Sean Buildbox I managed to solve the above problem of uploading to app store and made a tutorial on it. I hope these can be fixed inside Buildbox so we don't have to go through this process each time.

Best

11. Sean Buildbox

Investigating, to be clear this is just the OSX App store, not iOS correct?

volcank likes this.
  12. DariusGuerrero

BB games don't play well with Mac because there is no Multi-touch. Best bet is to just keep it on iOS and do Windows export on Steam. No one really games on Mac much. Here is the rejection message I got. It's manually written because it was one message for two games:

"The following apps will not be made available on the Mac App Store until you address the issues and select Make this app available on Mac in the app's Pricing and Availability section of App Store Connect.

These apps were found to rely on functionality that is not present on Mac:

• DERE EVIL EXE
      • Multi-Touch is not available on Mac. Make sure your app can be controlled through standard keyboard, touch, and gestures.

The following apps may have issues running on Apple silicon Mac. If an app will not run on Mac, visit the app's Pricing and Availability section of App Store Connect and deselect Make this app available on Mac.

These apps may rely on functionality that is not present on Mac:

• HopBound
      • Multi-Touch is not available on Mac. If your app relies on Multi-Touch to function as intended, it may experience some issues on Mac."

Also looking forward to the BB2 update to comply with App Store's new IDFA requirements and updated ad sdks. Thank you so much!

@Sean Buildbox @volcank

volcank likes this.
  13. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yes @Sean Buildbox it is OSX also still binary was rejected by Apple and here is what they say. I had done and reuploaded with how they guided me but still they rejected and sent the below guideline again. ( The below is like they sent this messeage twice.

Guideline 2.4.5(i) - Performance

Thank you for resubmitting your app.

However, we continue to notice that your app uses one or more entitlements which do not have matching functionality within the app. Apps should have only the minimum set of entitlements necessary for the app to function properly. Please remove all entitlements that are not needed by your app and submit an updated binary for review, including the following:

- com.apple.security.device.bluetooth
    - com.apple.security.device.camera
    - com.apple.security.device.usb
    - com.apple.security.network.server
    - com.apple.security.personal-information.addressbook
    - com.apple.security.personal-information.calendars
    - com.apple.security.personal-information.location

Next Steps

For links to essential video and documentation to learn how to sandbox your application, please see App Sandboxing.

Commonly added entitlements that many apps don't need include:

"com.apple.security.network.server"
    Apps that initiate outgoing connections (for example, to download new content from your server) only need to include "com.apple.security.network.client". The server entitlement is only necessary for apps that listen for and respond to incoming network connections (such as web or FTP servers).

"com.apple.security.device.usb"
    Apps that interact with non-standard USB devices, including HID accessories such as joysticks, may need to include this entitlement. It is not necessary for accessing keyboards, mice, trackpads, printers or external drives such as thumb drives.

Should you need code-level assistance implementing sandboxing, contact Apple Developer Technical Support.

14. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Interesting. I am also planning to upload to STEAM as well. Here is what they said for my game maybe multi touch is next step for me if the below issues are corrected. Btw copying and pasting the STEAM key is enought to integrate the SDK right for my game. Also I remember once you have said I had to copy and paste the bundle id to all platforms like, iOS, Windows, Steam etc before exporting. Do I have to do anything else after I export? Just upload it as it is to Steam? Thanks a lot.

Guideline 2.4.5(i) - Performance

Thank you for resubmitting your app.

However, we continue to notice that your app uses one or more entitlements which do not have matching functionality within the app. Apps should have only the minimum set of entitlements necessary for the app to function properly. Please remove all entitlements that are not needed by your app and submit an updated binary for review, including the following:

- com.apple.security.device.bluetooth
    - com.apple.security.device.camera
    - com.apple.security.device.usb
    - com.apple.security.network.server
    - com.apple.security.personal-information.addressbook
    - com.apple.security.personal-information.calendars
    - com.apple.security.personal-information.location

Next Steps

For links to essential video and documentation to learn how to sandbox your application, please see App Sandboxing.

Commonly added entitlements that many apps don't need include:

"com.apple.security.network.server"
    Apps that initiate outgoing connections (for example, to download new content from your server) only need to include "com.apple.security.network.client". The server entitlement is only necessary for apps that listen for and respond to incoming network connections (such as web or FTP servers).

"com.apple.security.device.usb"
    Apps that interact with non-standard USB devices, including HID accessories such as joysticks, may need to include this entitlement. It is not necessary for accessing keyboards, mice, trackpads, printers or external drives such as thumb drives.

Should you need code-level assistance implementing sandboxing, contact Apple Developer Technical Support.

15. DariusGuerrero

Yes, just put in your steam app id in the field in BB. Also, when you upload, you have to learn the Steam content builder. Using the new uploader on the steam partner website made problems for me. Do it old school with the terminal.

volcank likes this.
  16. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thank you so much @DariusGuerrero For the help. Seems I got lot to learn cause no idea what is steam content builder etc. Will google it or search at steam site. Thanks and happy game making. Btw loved your animations at tiktok site.

17. DariusGuerrero

Haha those animations are just a passion project right now. Tiktok algorithm is killing me haha. Still, it's okay if it doesn't get views I love the story I made. Thank you so much

volcank likes this.
  18. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Haha yes definetly! I tried out some videos as well and they are not let's say watched at all. LOL. What I heard is Tiktok pushes your videos more if they are in your own language. I guess they care about localization. Also the more stupid the video the more it is boosted. Like my wife's brother tried a tiktok channel with some really stupid videos with his friends and they have like thousands maybe more watch time and likes etc. But of course those are not the things we can do on camera lol.

19. deborahjmossman

deborahjmossman Boxer

Hi @Sean Buildbox ,
    I hope you are doing well and had a great New Year. I had a question if buildbox 2 is upgrade to version 7.64 of the Google Mobile Ads SDK. We are just trying to prepare for iOS 14 and want to make sure to enable SKAdNetwork to track conversions. Please let me know:)

Thanks so much

20. Sean Buildbox

Hope you've had a great New Year and are doing fantastic as well!

This is coming in the next update for Buildbox 2 to ensure BB2 iOS exports are in line with the forthcoming Apple IDFA requirements ;)

volcank likes this.