Heyzap Mediation Sdk 9 - Android/eclipse [tutorial]

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by Christoph, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

This one: TEST YOUR 3rd-PARTY INTEGRATIONS

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

3. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yeah, that should work and the test suite should open automatically when you open the app on your device or simulator. Not sure if Heyzap changed something on their end. Didn't make any Android builds for a while so I'm not really of a help right now. Let's hope someone else can...

5. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi @Christoph thanks for your time and replies.

Anyone else on this matter? Did anyone made this on android to work based on the tutorial made by Christoph?

Thanks,
    C

6. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi @Christoph @Jaky1 @jcalle

If you can share some thoughts on the things below would be great, big thanks for taking time to read these lines.

I have 2 builds. Build 1 and build2

Build 1:
    1. I have set heyzapp only on this. Is showing ads and reward videos. VPN is set to US If i set it to other areas I don't see reward button so no rewards video. If heyzapp fails to show add can I show rewards videos from admob for example? Do I have to set this up on buildbox settings screen?

Build 2:
    I have set admob, applovin, chartboost, vungle, heyzapp, facebook audience, all green. Same VPN as above. All these are green in teh SDK test screen.

1. For some reason facebook interestitial is giving me: there was an error fetching the ad message. Is US VPN based, it should display ad right?

2. Chartboost - is green but dos not show ads at all. Any thoughts on this?

3. Vungle - same as facebook but with a different error: display attempt failed. Any thoughts on this?

4.Heyzapp - is working perfect in sdk testing but in game it does not show at all. No after user dies, no rewards for video, no rewards for coins. Any idea why? Is not compatible with other sdks?

I learned a ton in last 2 days and managed to have all integrated but always there is a new wall to hit.

Heyzapp Dashboard > Reporting status - Where there is API status, yesterday I got all green boxes at the bottom. Now I am getting this message: Data got lost on the way . . .And try again buttons. What is this? Did anyone had this? Is on their side? Tried on pc and on mac, different browsers but I got the same.

Many thanks,
    C

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Hi Cristian, Build 1-1 doesn't make any sense. You don't want to use Heyzap if you don't use mediation. And no, you only can use Heyzap for Video Rewards.

2. This is what Heyzap does with Mediation. It checks which ad network has ads available and which one gives you the best buck for the bang. There is no need to setup anything else in the buildbox settings screen. The only ID you need to add is Heyzap's. Everything else is setup in the dashboard of Heyzap, respectively in each ad network's dashboard. So if you want for example chartboost to show video ads you need to setup this specific campaign. To understand how this is done, just carefully follow the steps indicated when you set up each ad network in Heyzap. There are always very good indications on how to do this with each specific provider.

No idea what the Data got lost message is. Sorry.

8. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Build 1 - was for test purposes, was ment to be meditation but added one by one until I got build 2 working. had buch of erros from applovin, heyzapp and until I figure all out I started with heyzapp.

2. So beside copy pasting api and IDs codes from other networks to heyzapp wizzard process I need to create a Campaign on Chartboost? Once that is sent will display Charboost as well? So in short the reason why chartboost does not show ads in SDK testing is bacause no campaign was set? Same goes for Admob and Facebook?

Many thanks again for your time and effort in replying,
    C

Christoph likes this.
  9. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yep. That seems very logical.

10. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

For heyzapp I did not set any campaign and I have ads showing. I am talking about the ads from other advertisers and not ads that I want to advertise in other games. Those campaigns need to be created? Regards and thanks, C

11. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Yes, Absolutely you will have to create campaigns in every ad network...like vungle, chartboost admob etc and then add the credentials in Heyzap integration steps and then Ads will definitely show....

Christoph likes this.
  12. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi man, thanks for your reply. Another issue I am confronting with is that I have applovin, Admob and heyzapp. All work as magic. Only issue is after playing the game a little the reward ads stop working. I have reward coins and continue based on reward video and after a while the buttons just don't appear. Any idea why? Regards,C

13. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

@Christoph I am reaching out for some help again. For some reason heyzap is stop working. reward videos does not show at all. So no buttons for continue or extra coins. Is working perfect when first opening the app after install but something is happening on the way and heyzapp fails. Admob and applovin works good.

If closing and reopening the app on SDK testing I am getting for heyzapp video and reward video : there was an error fetching the add. I am on US as VPN.

Do you have any ideas why? Did this happen to you?

Regards and thanks as always,
    C

14. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Anyone on this error ( there was an error fetching the add. )? There are a bunch of people that had apps on top 100 here with ads and all that and nobody have an answer? BB team? I searched forum, youtube, google but with no answer to this. :/

15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

It must be some setting in the Heyzap dashboard. On some ad networks you can choose if you want to wait 10 minutes or so for the next ad to appear. Not sure anymore if Heyzap is one of them. But check that out. Other than that, I recommend not to use video reward for skip or continue. Use coins instead. And give users the possibility to earn coins with video ads and real purchase money. This will work for sure. 100%. Always. Everywhere.

16. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi Christoph, thanks for the insights again, very helpful. I have purchase coins in the game in store already. Re earning coins by watching video would be the same as it is now. Will keep you guys posted of my journey so others can have some fixes for their possible issues. Many thanks again, C

17. zznxajgz

zznxajgz Boxer

hello and thanks for the great tutorial , however i followed along the steps one by one but i get this error when i try to export the Apk "conversion to Dalvik format failed: unable to execute dex : multiple dex files define Ldagger/Lazy;" what does that mean and how to solve this , thank you

18. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

You have 2 daggers files most probably in your libs, dagger 1.2.2 and dagger 2.1. Make sure that you have only dagger 2.1 left, delete the other one. A screenshot would help to see what you have there.

Christoph likes this.
  19. zznxajgz

zznxajgz Boxer

yeah i just noticed that , thanks Cristian

20. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Hey @Christoph Do I need to do all the integration and docs again for another App?