Trail Not Smooth

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by 5petersonzachary, Nov 24, 2020.

1. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

As you can see in the picture, I have a trail node attached to my player and the trail doesn't look smooth at all. This is extremely noticeable in the game and kind of an eye sore. Does anybody know how to make this look smoother. I have tried a bunch of different things like different shapes for the texture, but nothing seems to be working.
    Thanks!
    Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 12.38.38 PM.png

2. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Try to use another image for the trail like one that does not have any fading or one that is a little bit bigger in size. This effect appears when you use a trail that is 25x25 in size for a trail that is 150x150 in size. Just play around until you find the right spot.

Thanks,
    Vlad

5petersonzachary likes this.
  3. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

I tried using both 25x25 and 150x150 and they both give me the same problem. I also even tried one that was 1000x1000 and that didn't work. Should I export the texture with 100 percent opacity? Because if I do that then I am unable to get the effect of the trail being transparent

Vlad-NY likes this.
  4. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

I think that you can export it with the gradient on but with a different length size so it is as lengthy as you want. The size should work but I dunno what happens. Another way would be to export a PNG with the full opacity and see if you can mimic your desired effect using the trail scrip from the node.

5petersonzachary likes this.